Have you ever thought about putting your family tree online? Since genealogy is one of the fastest growing hobbies, it is easier then ever to put your family tree online.
Your Reasons for Not Having a Family Tree Online Yet
Do you think it would be too expensive? Take too long or be too time consuming? Do you have privacy concerns? Don't think you have the technical skills you may need? If you answered yes to any of these questions, GenTreeHow is here to help.
- GenTreeHow, will help you pick the best host for your family tree site and we'll only choose sites to show you that are completely FREE.
- You'll be able to have your site up quickly for your whole family to enjoy.
- Privacy is understandably a huge concern these days but there are very good safe guards to put your mind at ease.
- No technical skills needed or required. Most sites are set up for anyone at any skill level to use easily.
There are two different ways to put your family tree online.
1) Make your own family tree site website.
2) Create a username and password on a family tree site and upload your Gedcom file or input your family tree data manually.
Create Your Own Family Tree Website
Do you want a family tree site that you designed and looks unique. It's easy to have a site that looks creative even if you've never built a website before.
- Why do over 10 million people & businesses use Weebly?For the easiest, most powerful, and affordable website-building experience
Web Based Family Tree
Web based family trees are hosted online by another website and let your whole family, even if they live some other place then you, contribute to your family tree so you can all work on it together. If you have a large family or are not the only person in your family who loves genealogy this may be the better option. Once you've signed up you can send an invite email to all your family to take a look at your family tree and then they can help contribute to your tree.
- Tribal Pages.com is the home for 350,000 Family Tree Genealogy sites with over 80 million names and 2 million photographs.
The 4 sites I've listed above care about your privacy. They only share or post information you choose to be posted or shared. If you want to use a site I didn't recommend just make sure you use Google to review the website before you join or sign up. A lot sites, web building, and online family tree sites say they are free but in the end they are not.
Put Your Family Tree Online
Putting your family tree online can be very rewarding. All of your hard work, names, dates, and maybe even pictures get to have a home of their own. Give one or all a try and see how much fun you can have.